If you’re planning a trip to Cyprus, you’re probably wondering where to stay in Larnaca. Well, lucky for you, there are a ton of stunning options available to you; whether you want to book a boutique hotel or stay in an Airbnb in Larnaca, there is something for everyone who wants to visit the city for both work and pleasure. Booking a Larnaca hotel should be one of your top priorities upon booking your flights and properly planning out your trip. As we mentioned, there are plenty of options, but if you’re looking to stay in truly the best accommodation in Larnaca, you’ll have a better shot at getting your pick of the lot if you get in early, especially if you’re visiting during peak season- between April and October each year.
Hotels or Airbnbs – What are the pros & cons of each?
Okay, so one of the most commonly disputed points between avid travelers is whether or not it is better to stay in a boutique hotel or Airbnb in Larnaca. And the reality is it depends on the purpose of your visit, your independent travel style, and personal; preferences. But let’s unpack each of them here…
Cons of staying in an Airbnb in Larnaca
- They can be oddly placed and require you to conduct lots of daily travel to get to and from your desired destinations
- Offer little to no real security
- Check-in times can be restricted to a small window of the day because they are often hosted by a single person or a couple
- Offer requires you to source and sample local groceries, restaurants, coffee shops, and more- no on-site food
Pros of staying in an Airbnb in Larnaca
- It is sometimes more affordable (in reality, there is such a variety you can get both ends of the spectrum)
- Can be more comfortable for long-term stays or interim accommodation
- There is a wide variety of styles, amenities, locations, etc.
- You can find unique gems
- More similarly replicates the experience of staying within your own home
- Sometimes allows you to explore the neighborhoods of the locals
Cons of staying in a Hotel in Larnaca
- It is likely in a busier area, and you may want a quieter stay
- You will likely have to book more than one room if you have a large group (7 or more)
- Some hotels can be overpriced
- Often more cookie-cutter than an independent Airbnb
Pros of staying in a Hotel in Larnaca
- Higher level of security and feeling safe
- 24/7 assistance from hotel staff
- It can have more amenities, including breakfast, room service, on-site bars, etc.
- Often offers more luxurious amenities you may not otherwise experience
- More conveniently located for many of the destinations you will likely be visiting during your stay
- Fosters opportunities for you to meet and mingle with other travelers
- Usually better maintained, serviced, and overall luxurious
- It doesn’t take away housing and add to the increase in the cost of living for locals
Tips and tricks to find the perfect hotel or Airbnb in Larnaca
Do your research
If you’re wondering where to stay in Larnaca, you first need to research things to do in Larnaca. Once you’ve made a short list of everything you want to do and see in the city, start grouping attractions with nearby attractions. Essentially you’re planning what sites and attractions you’ll visit on any given day. Once you do this, you can start looking at where to stay in Larnaca, which is close to most of the attractions you intend to visit.
Read the reviews and visit their social media pages
This is one of the best ways to get a taste of what it’s like to stay at your prospective Larnaca hotel without actually staying there yourself. On their social posts, you can skim the comments or even switch over to other online users that have “checked in” there on social media; it’s a neat way to get a glance at the experience from the customers’ point of view.
Consider booking a stay in 2 different locations
After doing your research, you notice that your planned-out destinations are roughly 50/50 in two different areas, and no neighborhood is undeniably the most convenient for you; consider breaking up your trip and staying in two different boutique hotels in Larnaca. For example, you could stay in the LIV- Urban Larnaca for the first half of your trip. Here, you are just steps from major attractions like the Church of St. Lazarus and the Larnaca Medieval Fort, a mere 300 meters from the extremely popular Finikoudes Beach and promenade, which is accessible to the city and the hop-on hop-off bus. For the second half of your stay, you could stay at the LIV Mackenzie Beach and overlook the sunny beach and azure waters. If you’re looking for things to do in Larnaca, this is one of the hottest and most pumping neighborhoods that simply can’t be missed. And it’s a mere 8-minute drive to the airport!
Book directly with the hotel
Booking directly with a boutique hotel usually guarantees the best price and the best level of service. Sometimes when booking through a third party, they add additional fees and aren’t as accessible to contact.
What kind of amenities does a hotel offer compared to an Airbnb in Larnaca
Let’s take a closer look at what exactly you can expect from a stay with LIV! At LIV- Urban Larnaca, you can expect the following:
- Serviced luxury apartments
- 1 or 2 bedroom rooms
- Can sleep up to 6 people in a 2-bedroom apartment
- Shared garden and terrace for guests of the LIV
- Private balcony
- Top-notch air conditioning
- Home comforts and amenities like, a sofa, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a dining area, seating area, safety deposit box, and a private bathroom with bathrobes
- Kitchen basics at an elevated level. This means a well-fitted kitchen complete with a microwave, a fridge, a kettle, and a coffee machine
- Free reliable wifi
Explore the benefits of hotels
The fact is a luxury hotel in Larnaca; furthermore, boutique hotels offer an elevated experience that an Airbnb simply can not beat. In most cases, an Airbnb is run by 1 or 2 people as a side hustle or a means of additional income. In contrast, a stay at LIV is hosted by a team of dedicated hospitality and customer service professionals who are available 24/7 and ready to make your trip memorable!